Protectosil 800 - Description
Protectosil 800 is a free-flowing, colorless, solvent-free liquid based on a monomeric alkylalkoxysilane. It is specifically intended for the water-repellent impregnation of mineral construction materials in outdoor areas.
Protectosil 800 is supplied ready to use. It is low volatility and viscosity make Protectosil 800 an easy-to-handle additive. During the hydrolysis reaction between water and Protectosil 800 a certain amount of ethanol (VOC) is released. Protectosil 800 is soluble in common non-polar organic solvents (e.g. petroleum ether, toluene).
more-information-about Protectosil 800
Because of its unique structure, Protectosil 800 exhibits superior hydrophobicity on substrates and forms weather- and moisture-resistant bonds to substrates as well.
- Pure, solvent-free product
- Low volatility
- Watervaporpermeable, colorless impregnation
- Non film-forming
- Seals hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm
- Significantly reduces absorption of water and damaging water-borne salts (e.g. chlorides)
- Very good penetration
- Very high alkali resistance
- Frost resistant
- Stops alkali/silica reactions in concrete